Administrative Assistant Intern
Are you a young and passionate person who’s looking to make a positive impact? We’re seeking an Administrative Assistant Intern for a 3-month contract (30 hours/week, $14/hour) in Mississauga, Ontario. The position would start ASAP.
WHO WE ARE
Tight Knit Syria is a non-profit organization that works with displaced Syrian women in Lebanon and Syria and connects their beautifully handmade products to local and international markets.
We’ve learned over time that providing economic opportunity and education to women in vulnerable communities has a powerful ripple effect: promoting gender equality, preventing child labour and marriage, nurturing psychological well-being, combating social isolation, and contributing to a more inclusive global economy.
WHO YOU ARE
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Desire to be proactive and create a positive experience for others
- Passionate about changing the world
- Familiar with Microsoft Excel and Word. WordPress is a bonus, but not mandatory
- Eligible to work in Canada
- Under the age of 30
WHAT YOU’LL DO
The role includes, but is not limited to:
- Help with email correspondence and general inquiries
- Organize and input data in spreadsheets
- Perform a variety of operational activities as assigned by the Tight Knit Syria team
- Assist in research, marketing and outreach
- Work well in a team environment, and be motivated to work towards shared goals
- Provide ideas for improving administration and operations
- Contribute to an environment of trust and respect
- HAVE FUN!
As per our mandate for diversity and equal employment opportunities, we will prioritize applications from women, newcomers, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ+ and members of visible minorities.
*Please send us your CV and tell us a little bit about yourself in a couple of lines to email@example.com. Applications open until July 10, 2020.